Relaunching Buffy The Vampire Slayer
For relaunching this show I think the how element of keeping it dark and having a lot of mystery would need to be kept how they are. The up to date make up and graphics could help bring in a newer audience. and perhaps changing it to a multi camera production to enhance the action scenes in the production. For the cast I would keep the four main characters in Buffy, Willow, Xander and Giles and keep the idea of there being one slayer and her being a loner at high school and her parents being split up as this part of the programme fits with the programme well. Buffy had three main love interests in the programme being Angel, Spike and Riley. I think with these I would change the characters of Spike and Riley but keep with Angel as the story is very strong and could bring in a remake of the Angel series also. Buffy has a very particular audience with its darkness and I think keep old parts of it may irritate them so I think introducing new characters and keep some old will keep the original fans keen to see new parts of Buffy and this could gain new viewers. I would try to introduce new evil in the series to change away from the original series so it doesn't feel like a remake but more of a reboot. For instance the first series is all based around the vampire known as the master I would change this to a different evil and maybe quote the master in the first series and maybe reveal him for different reasons in a later series. When it comes to the vampires themselves I think they're appearance would need changing to make it feel more real like the series True Blood.
Casting
Buffy - Chloe Grace Moretz
Willow - Saoirse Ronan
Xander - Josh Hutcherson
Angel - Liam Hemsworth
Giles - Anthony Head (Original)
I think these actors would be perfect as they are all young between 16-22 and are upcoming actors. Not only this but they have credit from other films with the same sort of dark and weird culture. I would try to keep Giles the same as the character he plays is an older generation and he played the part really well with the cast. I think keeping him in the series could also interest original fans of the series as well as they can see one of their favourite characters in action again with a 'new generation'.
No comments:
Post a Comment