Tuesday, 17 September 2013
Test screening
Today we learnt about test screening and the effect it can have on how the movie is made. We watched the film "little shop of horror" a theatre musical turned into a film. We watch it in parts and went back and watched the old test screening of the original. From this we saw how the test screen was more darker and more use of blood and the ending killed off the main characters which the audience didnt like. The new ending had the plant killed and the couple live happily ever after, when shown in theatre the main characters for and audience don't react badly to it. I said this is due to the fact in a film the director can get in close and personal with different shots like close ups which makes an audience have more emotion to the characters. I think the film had bad press because it was coming out at Christmas, when I believe Halloween would have been better for its ending.
Labels:
Film Studies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment